Hello, I’m Stephanie Jordan.
Let’s face it. Finding the right therapist is hard. You probably have 17 tabs open on your internet browser right now, each with a different therapist’s website, and you’re wondering, “How will I know which one is the right fit?”
The goodness of fit is important in therapy. Some say it’s the most important factor related to the success of the therapy.
That’s why it is my number one priority.
To help you figure out whether I’m the right fit for you, here is some information about me…
- My therapeutic style is both compassionate and direct, allowing for a supportive yet challenging environment in therapy. You’re not coming to therapy to be talked down to, but you also don’t want to be treated with kid-gloves. If this sounds like you, I might be right for you.
- I’m a Millennial. Not only do I have a solid background of experience providing therapy, I also can relate to a lot of what my clients are talking about because we have a lot in common. If you’d like a therapist who understands the challenges you face as a young adult, we might be a great fit.
- As an advocate for social justice, I am welcoming of all people diverse in race, ethnicity, sexual orientation, gender identity, relationship orientation, religion, and disabilities. I am a LGBTQ ally, and I’m kink-aware and poly friendly, and I strive to make therapy affirming of any individual or couple who walks into my office. If you are a minority and/or have faced oppression, and want a therapist who will make you feel safe and valued, I could be the therapist for you.
- I’m a human being too. In my free time, I enjoy yoga, going to the park with my dog, playing tennis, reading, and trying new recipes from my favorite cookbooks with my partner.
“That’s all well and good, but where did you get your degree?”
I’m way ahead of you! Here is the other info you may be looking for…
- Licensed Marriage and Family Therapist (Georgia License # MFT001662)
- Master of Science in Marriage and Family Therapy earned at Northwestern University, Chicago, IL
- Advanced training in Emotionally Focused Therapy (Externship and Core Skills completed)
- Clinical Fellow member of the American Association for Marriage and Family Therapy
- Social Media Chair on the Board of Directors for the Georgia Association of Marriage and Family Therapy
- Member of the Atlanta LGBTQ Therapist Resource
Ready to get started with your therapy in Atlanta? Call 678-744-4064 or visit my contact page to begin your therapeutic journey today.
I offer a variety of services such as couple therapy in Atlanta, individual therapy in Atlanta, and online therapy for people anywhere in Georgia. Find out more about working with me by visiting my FAQ page. Get tips on mental health, anxiety, relationships and more by visiting my blog.